FSC EUCALYPTUS GRANDIS PEELER LOGS
South African FSC certified plantation Eucalyptus is a sustainable alternative to endangered tropical hardwoods. These round logs and lumber originate from well-managed plantations under strict FSC guidelines and are a certified renewable resource.
FSC Eucalyptus Grandis Peeler Logs
Round log quality:
• All plantations are subject to strict silviculture practices.
• Pruning is done once a year in year 1, year 2, year 3 and year 4.
• Final pruning height is 10m at age 4 years.
• Thinning is done periodically over the rotation length.
• Final stocking before harvesting is 230 trees per hectare.
• Felling age is 23 years.
Round log specifications:
• The round logs on offer are the pruned bottom (base) log of the tree. This means the first 5.8m stem portion above the ground.
• Thin-end diameter is 30cm +.
• All logs are debarked.
• All logs are gang nailed on both ends
• All logs are cut to a standard length of 5.8m with 100mm allowance.
• Fumigation is done at the port after container stuffing is completed to ensure conformance with phytosanitary requirements.
FSC Eucalyptus Grandis Sawn Boards
Sawn board quality:
• The average density of kiln dried Eucalyptus grandis lumber is 650kg/m³.
• Such kiln dried timber is superior hardwood lumber that is used for door manufacturing, mouldings, indoor and outdoor furniture, laminated products and other types of joinery.